Meal Prep Monday today. Starting the new year off on a little healthier side. It is much easier to eat healthy if you have a little time to prepare your meals for the week in advance. Most meal prep meals will last 4 to 5 day in the refrigerator.
Between the holidays and year end coming at work, life has been crazy busy lately so of course I haven’t been eating the best. Throw in being sick for a couple weeks and it’s just been a mess around here. Time to do some planning and get it together. This is my effort to meal plan better and blog more so hopefully both my new year’s wishes will come true!
Because of my lack of time lately this meal prep is nothing fancy but thought I might share it anyway because it may inspire you to try some different seasonings and sauces. The Arizona Olive Oil Co. oil was bought a while back, not knowing what I would use it for and the Thai Sweet Chili balsamic vinaigrette was received for a Christmas gift.
The chicken was marinated in the vinaigrette and a little of the olive oil overnight. Also, the olive oil was used on the broccoli when I roasted it. It adds so much flavor to bland chicken and broccoli! They have many different varieties of flavored oil but I usually like things spicy. This meal prep was completed with some basmati rice that was made in my Pampered Chef rice cooker, it makes the best rice! There are only two because it is a short week. Usually I eat at my mom and dads two days a week so this should cover me.
Take some time to take care of yourself this year! You are worth it 🙂
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ c thai sweet chili vinaigrette
- 4 T Chili garlic olive oil
- 1 bunch of broccoli
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Marinate the chicken in ½ c of vinaigrette and 2 T of the chili oil 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 450
- Put the chicken on one side of a sheet pan
- Put the broccoli in the other side of the sheet pan and drizzle with the remaining 2T of olive oil and mix to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the broccoli is slightly charred.
- Divide into two storage containers with one cup of rice in each.
- Should last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.