Some times there is just nothing better than coming home to a home cooked meal and beef roast and gravy is one of my favorites. It’s even better when you can put it in the slow cooker and have all the work done for you. Add some mashed potatoes (real or instant) and some corn cut off the cob and dinner is complete. It is late summer in Minnesota after all, corn on the cob is everywhere! There really is nothing better.
3 ENVELOPE ROAST IN THE SLOW COOKER RECIPE
3 ENVELOPE ROAST IN THE SLOW COOKER
- 1 large bowl
- 1 pan
- 1 slow cooker
- 3 lb. roast
- 1 envelope Italian seasoning
- 1 envelope Ranch seasoning
- 1 envelope Brown gravy mix
- 2 c. water
- In a large bowl combine the water with the three seasoning packets
- Sear the roast on all sides in a hot pan
- Put roast in a slow cooker
- Pour seasoning mix over the roast
- Cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low
- Note: The "3 envelopes" in the recipe refer to dry Ranch dressing mix, Italian salad dressing mix, and brown gravy mix. These packets infuse the roast with an unbeatable depth of flavor and richness.
- Note: Slow cooking allows the flavors to meld together beautifully, but remember, every slow cooker is different. Adjust the cooking time based on your appliance and how well-done you prefer your roast.
- Note: This recipe is all about customization! Feel free to add your favorite veggies or switch up the seasoning mixes for a unique twist on this classic roast recipe.
Why I Love 3 Envelope Roast
Let me tell you, 3 envelope roast has become a regular in my household for so many reasons. First of all, the name comes from the 3 envelopes of seasoning that you use to flavor the meat – how fun is that? It makes prep so incredibly easy. I’m all about simple dinners that require minimal effort but still taste amazing.
Another thing I love is that you just throw everything in the slow cooker and let it do its thing. On busy weeknights when I’m wrangling the kids, I don’t have time for recipes with a million steps. With 3 envelope roast, I can prep it in the morning and have a delicious roast ready by dinnertime with barely any hands-on effort. It’s a total game changer!
Finally, the flavor is out of this world. The seasoning envelopes give the meat so much flavor as it cooks low and slow in the slow cooker. My kids absolutely love this roast and always ask for seconds!
There are so many delicious ways to serve 3 envelope roast. Here are some of my favorites:
- Roast beef sandwiches – Slice up the tender roast and pile it on rolls for easy sandwiches.
- Over mashed potatoes – The gravy seasoning mixes right in with the cooking juices to make a perfect gravy for mashed potatoes.
- Beef tacos – Shred the roast with forks and serve in tortillas for tasty tacos.
- Over rice – The seasoned cooking liquid makes a nice sauce for serving over rice.
- Beef enchiladas – Dice up the roast and roll into tortillas with cheese for amazing enchiladas.
Leftovers also make great lunch options. I love to mix shredded roast with mayo and stuff it into a hollowed out bread loaf for easy roast beef sandwiches all week long. Yum!
I hope you’ll give this 3 envelope roast in the slow cooker recipe a try soon. It’s become one of my favorite set-it-and-forget-it meals on busy weeknights. The hands-off convenience combined with the amazing flavor makes this a winner in my book.
Let me know if you try it! I’d love to hear what you think. And if you have any other favorite slow cooker roast recipes, make sure to share them with me. I’m always looking for new easy dinner ideas to add to my regular rotation.
Happy cooking, friends!