After last week with Thanksgiving I needed to do some lunch prep to keep me from running to the gas station for lunch. This teriyaki chicken is loaded with veggies and chicken breasts on a bed of rice, and hopefully will offset all the pie I’ve eaten in the last four days. I used red and yellow peppers, onions and carrots, but you can use whatever you like. I found this recipe from one of those awesome Tasty videos, you can find the original recipe here: Chicken and Veggie Teriyaki Stir-Fry Bowl. Most of these lunch prep meals say they are four servings, but I have found that if I do four servings I am starving before the work day is over, so I usually make it into three larger meals. Also, I don’t always get four meals eaten up in a week and I hate to throw it away. If it’s something only I like then I have to eat all four of the meals. I also bought some yogurt and granola for breakfast, time to get back on the healthy wagon before Christmas.
This week is crazy busy too! We have the football banquet and I have to go to the cities overnight mid-week, so it’s nice to have a few meals prepped in the fridge for me or the rest of my family to just heat up when they come home. With these in the fridge you can just microwave for a couple minutes and have a hot healthy meal in no time. Now if only I could get myself to go to the gym, ugh! These dark long Minnesota nights are a killer on my motivation. All I want to do is come home, pour a glass of wine and curl up on the couch til morning 🙁 baby steps I guess.
I hope you give this super easy recipe a try!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ c soy sauce
- ⅓ c honey
- 1½ T sesame seeds
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 small bell peppers sliced, any color
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- green onions
- 3 c. cooked rice
- Cut the chicken in to cubes and saute over medium high heat until almost done.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic cook 1-2 minutes
- Add soy sauce, honey and 1 T sesame seeds and stir until sauce thickens
- Remove chicken from the pan, leave the sauce, and add the veggies to the pan
- Cover and cook until veggies are cooked through
- Remove cover and let sauce thicken
- Add chicken back to the mixture
- Put one cup of rice into 3 storage containers
- Divide chicken and veggies into the containers and garnish with green onion and remaining ½ T sesame seeds