Easy Oven Baked Ribs
My son wanted ribs for his pre birthday dinner so his wish is my command. I found this recipe for easy oven baked ribs, because I do spoil him as much as I can, but I wasn’t firing up the grill lol! I do have limits! These were so good and easy. They take a little time to make but low and slow is good for ribs. They came out tender and juicy and totally delicious. I made a homemade rub but you could use whatever rub you like. There’s a ton of different ones at the store. I also used Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce but again you could use whatever is your favorite or make a homemade bbq sauce. You can totally adapt this to your liking. I found this recipe from A Food Lover’s Kitchen and you can find the original recipe here: Easy Oven Baked Ribs
Once the ribs are fully cooked, coat them with bbq sauce and put under the broiler to caramelize the sauce and make it good and sticky. But watch it very carefully! The sauce can burn very quickly and ruin the ribs. DO NOT WALK AWAY and think you will remember! I have learned this the hard way many many times to the detriment of my poor family and dog who has had to listen to the smoke detector going off.
These are so good and easy if you like ribs but don’t want to fuss with the grill this is a great recipe to try!
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 2T or more dry rub, don't skimp on the rub
- ½ to 1 cup bbq sauce
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Rinse ribs and dry with a paper towel, remove membrane from the back of the ribs if you like.
- Coat ribs liberally with dry rub
- Wrap ribs in foil and place on a baking sheet, make sure the foil is sealed tightly
- Cook for two hours and check to see if the ribs pull easily from the bone. If the don't cook an additional 30 minutes and try again.
- Peel back foil and discard juices. Coat ribs with barbeque sauce
- Set oven to broil. When broiler is hot place the baking sheet under the broiler for 3-5 minutes. Repeat with an additional layer of bbq sauce and serve hot.