Here is an easy recipe for quiche that has just a few ingredients. The asparagus, bacon and Swiss cheese are a great combination for a quick breakfast! Now it is Fifty and sixty degrees in February, in Minnesota, this is a rare rare winter. I am getting spring fever a bit early when the weather outside is so nice! I got a good start on cleaning up the yard over the winter, went for an awesome walk outside and felt like making asparagus.
I went shopping last week and figured I would have plenty of time on Sunday or Monday to make this quiche. Monday was even a holiday so I have plenty of time! Hmmm, not sure what happened but I ran out of day before I got this made. Well one night this week I will get home early and make this. It would be a great supper with a salad on the side. Nope that didn’t happen either. Two nights of meetings and Thursday I was completely spent so nope, no quiche. Saturday I will for sure get this done! I will wake up early and make it and then start catching up on my cleaning.
Finally, on Saturday morning, I had time to make this. I cooked the 10 strips of bacon and went to the pantry to grab 2 foil pie pans and I was completely out. I decided to run to the store and get some and come home and make this, finally. Got to New Ulm where my daughter was working to pick up a few things and the pie plates…totally forgot my purse at home, ugh! I got to see Alexa for a bit and had a nice chat with her, so not all was lost. But, this was starting to feel like the quiche that will never be. When I got back home Scott was willing to go get groceries with me (with my purse this time). It was really almost comical how much trouble I had trying to get this made, but Sunday morning I got up and got it done! It was SO worth the wait. I haven’t made this quiche in quite some time but I have been thinking about making it for months now.
Ultimate Asparagus Bacon And Swiss Quiche Recipe
Ultimate Asparagus Bacon And Swiss Quiche
- 1 oven
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 10 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 pie shells
- 8 eggs
- 2 c. half and half
- 2 c. shredded swiss cheese salt and pepper
- Pre-cook bacon and crumble
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Blanch asparagus in the microwave for a couple minutes until crisp tender
- Cut Asparagus into smaller bite size pieces
- Unroll crusts into pie plates
- Divide asparagus and bacon evenly between the two pie tins
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over each pie
- Whisk together eggs and half and half
- Pour half of egg mixture in each pie pan
- Bake uncovered 35-40 minutes, rotating about half way through
- Cool to room temperature before serving (if you can wait that long)
Cooking Tips and Tricks Now, creating this culinary delight does require some finesse. Here are a few tips to help you along
- Asparagus Prep: Remember, the bottom part of asparagus spears can be tough and woody. So, don’t forget to snap off those ends before you begin.
- Bacon Bits: When it comes to the bacon, make sure it’s extra crispy. It adds a beautiful crunch that contrasts with the creaminess of the filling.
- Quiche Crust: And for that perfect crust, blind baking is your friend. It helps ensure your crust is thoroughly cooked and not soggy.
FAQs About the Ultimate Asparagus Bacon and Swiss Quiche Now, let’s tackle some common questions about this dish
“Can I use other types of cheese?” Absolutely! While Swiss cheese is traditional, feel free to experiment with cheddar, Gruyere, or even blue cheese.
“What can I serve alongside this quiche?” A simple green salad or some roasted potatoes would be fantastic accompaniments to this quiche.
Serving the Ultimate Asparagus, Bacon, and Swiss Quiche Presentation is key. Consider garnishing your Ultimate Asparagus, Bacon, and Swiss Quiche with fresh parsley or chives. And for a special touch, a light sprinkle of paprika can add a dash of color and an extra layer of flavor.
The Ultimate Asparagus, Bacon, and Swiss Quiche is truly a celebration of flavors. With these tips in hand, I hope you’re all set to embark on this delightful culinary adventure. Remember, the joy lies not just in the eating, but also in the process of creating this exquisite dish. Happy cooking!
Don’t forget to share your experiences and any new twists you’ve added to the Ultimate Asparagus, Bacon, and Swiss Quiche. After all, cooking is more fun when we learn from each other!