So, election week came and went! Ugh was it a stressful week. Thankfully I am no longer the Lead Election Official but I did get to the polling place at 5:30 am to help set up. Winthrop had a super turnout! When your an election official it’s more about the voter and making sure they get through the process efficiently, than the candidates on the ballot. Not to mention two evening council meetings and an early morning committee meeting and 6:45 am Chamber meeting. Needless to say it was a busy week so I made BBQ and potato salad Sunday to get everyone through the week. I also made these with some of the leftover BBQ. Not gonna lie, my potato salad is pretty legit too, more on that later…
BBQ BISCUIT CUPS RECIPE
BBQ BISCUIT CUPS
- 1 oven
- 1 regular sized muffin tin
For the BBQ:
- 2 lbs hamburger cooked
- 1 pkt Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 c ketchup
- 3/4 c sweet pickle relish
- 3-4 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-2 T Liquid Smoke
For the biscuit cups:
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits (the small ones)
- 1.5 c shredded cheddar cheese
For the BBQ:
- Fry up the hamburger until it is fully cooked
- Add the soup mix, ketchup, relish, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke and let simmer 10-15 minutes on med-low heat.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a regular sized muffin tin, put one of the refrigerated biscuits in each muffin hole and push the dough up the sides of the form.
- Scoop the BBQ meat in each cup to about ¾ full. Bake the muffin cups for about 10 min. After 10 min put the shredded cheese on top of each muffin and bake again until the cheese is melted and the biscuits are done. About 2-4 more minutes.
- Extra BBQ can be frozen for later use.
Cooking Tips for Perfect BBQ Biscuit Cups
Given my personal obsession with BBQ Biscuit Cups, I’ve spent countless hours perfecting the art of making them. Here are a few tips I’ve learned along the way:
- Choice of BBQ Sauce: Your choice of BBQ sauce can make or break your BBQ Biscuit Cups. Find one with the right balance of tanginess, sweetness, and smokiness.
- Biscuit Dough: Don’t be afraid to experiment with your biscuit dough. A touch of honey or a dash of herbs can elevate the overall flavor.
- Fillings: Apart from traditional fillings like chicken or beef, consider using pulled pork or even jackfruit for a vegetarian twist.
FAQs About BBQ Biscuit Cups
Despite their straightforwardness, BBQ Biscuit Cups tend to raise a few questions. Here are some common ones:
- Can I make BBQ Biscuit Cups ahead of time? Certainly! They’re perfect for meal prep. Just reheat in the oven when you’re ready to serve.
- What sides go well with BBQ Biscuit Cups? Coleslaw, baked beans, or a simple green salad work wonderfully.
- Can I freeze BBQ Biscuit Cups? Yes, they freeze remarkably well. Just ensure they’re cooled completely before freezing.
Serving Suggestions for BBQ Biscuit Cups
Now, how to serve these beauties? Here are a few ideas:
- Picnic Style: There’s something incredibly satisfying about enjoying BBQ Biscuit Cups outdoors. Pack them up for your next picnic or backyard gathering.
- Comfort Food Spread: Pair BBQ Biscuit Cups with other comfort food favorites for a heartwarming feast. Think mashed potatoes, mac ‘n cheese, and apple pie.
- Game Day Hit: BBQ Biscuit Cups are the perfect finger food for game day. Your guests will love munching on these while cheering on their team.
In the end, my love affair with BBQ Biscuit Cups is about more than just flavors and textures. It’s about the joy that comes from creating something with your own hands, the satisfaction of seeing others enjoy your creation, and the comfort that comes from a dish that truly feels like home. So, what are you waiting for? Dive into the delightful world of BBQ Biscuit Cups. You won’t regret it.