So, election week came and went! Ugh was it a stressful week. Thankfully I am no longer the Lead Election Official but I did get to the polling place at 5:30 am to help set up. Winthrop had a super turnout! When your an election official it’s more about the voter and making sure they get through the process efficiently, than the candidates on the ballot. Not to mention two evening council meetings and an early morning committee meeting and 6:45 am Chamber meeting. Needless to say it was a busy week so I made BBQ and potato salad Sunday to get everyone through the week. I also made these with some of the leftover BBQ. Not gonna lie, my potato salad is pretty legit too, more on that later…
BBQ Biscuit Cups are one of those easy weeknight meals that I can throw together quickly when everyone gets home at the same time and they are hungry! When I make my BBQ’s I usually make 2-3 lbs at a time and after we eat a few meals of it I freeze the leftovers for a later date. This is one of the recipes that I use for that left over BBQ. I don’t know about you but I HAVE to have chips and dip with BBQ anything. But, I have to have chips and dip with pretty much everything. Chips and dip are my arch nemesis 🙁 if it wasn’t for chips and dip I know I would be 10 lbs lighter, but they are ooooooh soooooo gooood and so worth the 10 lbs…..
- For the BBQ:
- 2 lbs hamburger cooked
- 1 pkt. Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 c. ketchup
- ¾ c. sweet pickle relish
- 1-2 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-2 T Liquid Smoke
- For the biscuit cups:
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits (the small ones)
- 1½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- For the BBQ:
- Fry up the hamburger until it is fully cooked
- Add the soup mix, ketchup, relish, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke and let simmer 10-15 minutes on med-low heat.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a regular sized muffin tin, put one of the refrigerated biscuits in each muffin hole and push the dough up the sides of the form.
- Scoop the BBQ meat in each cup to about ¾ full. Bake the muffin cups for about 10 min. After 10 min put the shredded cheese on top of each muffin and bake again until the cheese is melted and the biscuits are done. About 2-4 more minutes.
- Extra BBQ can be frozen for later use.