BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING MUFFINS
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 pk instant butterscotch pudding
- 1 pk instant vanilla pudding
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Combine flour, sugar, pudding mixes, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Combine water, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a separate bowl; stir into the dry ingredients until moistened.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 min until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cook for 5 min before removing from the pan.
Muffins, the perfect hand held breakfast. With the kids home for the summer I thought it would be nice to have something for them to eat when they get up in the morning (or around noon, insert huge eye roll here). They generally tend to starve if they have to actually cook their own food. Brett is more my big breakfast guy, while Alexa is more an eat on the run kind of girl. She also has a huge sweet tooth! When I was looking through my trusty collection of Taste of Home and Quick Cooking cookbooks, this recipe caught my eye because of the pudding mix in the muffins. Pudding mix usually tends to help bread mixes to not dry out, especially after a couple days. Butterscotch is also one of my favorite pudding flavors! The brown sugar and cinnamon mixture on top makes these muffins extra special. You could always add chopped nuts to the topping also, but we aren’t that fond of them in our house.
I paired these muffins with fruit for the kids, but they would be good with almost anything…or all by themselves. They are easy to mix up and are ready to bake in a jiffy.