Muffins, the perfect hand held breakfast. With the kids home for the summer I thought it would be nice to have something for them to eat when they get up in the morning (or around noon, insert huge eye roll here). They generally tend to starve if they have to actually cook their own food. Brett is more my big breakfast guy, while Alexa is more an eat on the run kind of girl. She also has a huge sweet tooth! When I was looking through my trusty collection of Taste of Home and Quick Cooking cookbooks, this recipe caught my eye because of the pudding mix in the muffins. Pudding mix usually tends to help bread mixes to not dry out, especially after a couple days. Butterscotch is also one of my favorite pudding flavors! The brown sugar and cinnamon mixture on top makes these muffins extra special. You could always add chopped nuts to the topping also, but we aren’t that fond of them in our house.
Butterscotch Pudding Muffins Recipe
BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING MUFFINS
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 paper lined
- 1 pan
- cups all purpose flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 pk instant butterscotch pudding
- 1 pk instant vanilla pudding
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
- Combine flour, sugar, pudding mixes, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Combine water, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a separate bowl; stir into the dry ingredients until moistened.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 min until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cook for 5 min before removing from the pan.
Tips for making Butterscotch Pudding Muffins
While I won’t go into the specifics of the recipe (since you already have that), I think it’s essential to discuss the art of baking these delightful treats.
The magic starts with the butterscotch pudding. It’s the soul of the dish, providing that distinctive sweet, buttery flavor. Then comes the muffin batter, which serves as the perfect medium for the butterscotch pudding. And finally, the baking process, where the muffin rises to perfection and the butterscotch pudding infuses its flavor throughout. The result? Butterscotch Pudding Muffins that are ready to steal the show at any gathering.
Baking Tips: Perfecting Your Butterscotch Pudding Muffins
Baking the perfect Butterscotch Pudding Muffins might seem like a challenge initially, but with these tips, you’ll be a pro in no time!
- Quality Ingredients: Always use fresh ingredients for the best flavor. High-quality butterscotch pudding and fresh eggs can make a world of difference.
- Muffin Consistency: Be mindful of your batter consistency. It should be thick but pourable to ensure your muffins rise properly.
- Baking Time: Don’t overbake your muffins. They should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
Serving Suggestions: Adding Your Personal Touch
When it comes to serving your Butterscotch Pudding Muffins, feel free to get creative! Drizzle some extra butterscotch sauce on top for an added sweet kick, or sprinkle some powdered sugar for a touch of elegance. You can even serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an indulgent dessert.
FAQs: Answering Your Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Butterscotch Pudding Muffins:
- Can I use other flavors of pudding? Absolutely! Feel free to customize your muffins with your favorite pudding flavors. Chocolate, vanilla, or even lemon would work great.
- Can I prepare them in advance? Yes, you can bake the muffins a day in advance. However, I recommend serving them warm for the best taste and texture.
- How do I store them? Store any leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature. They should stay fresh for up to 2 days.
So there you have it, my friends! The Butterscotch Pudding Muffins are not just a dessert; they’re a sweet delight. They’re a treat that brings joy and satisfaction to your baking adventures. So why wait? Grab your muffin tin and let’s make baking exciting again!