I love Alfredo! Everything tastes better in a creamy butter and Parmesan cheese sauce. The Cajun seasoning adds a spicy kick to the sauce and there is nothing much better than that. This is one of my very favorite recipes of all time, and since it is the season for over indulgence, I thought it might be a good time to share it. In the original recipe there were also mushrooms and if you like them, they would probably be a good addition to this as well. You can find the original recipe here: Cajun Chicken Pasta
There isn’t much prep work and the dish comes together pretty quickly so it is good for an easy week night dinner and it is delicious enough for a special occasion. Add some bread sticks or garlic toast and a salad for a complete meal.
Although, I was eating it right out of the skillet and that was pretty darn delicious.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Recipe
CAJUN CHICKEN ALFREDO
- 1 boil
- 1 plastic bag
- 4 oz linguine or Fettuccine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2-4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 T butter
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- ½ onion sliced
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ¼ - ½ c. Parmesan cheese
- parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. 8 - 10 min.
- Dice chicken into cubes and place in a plastic bag with 2 tsp of the Cajun seasoning and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat saute the chicken in melted butter until almost tender ( 5-7 min).
- Add the sliced red and yellow peppers and onion and saute another 3-4 minutes and reduce heat.
- Add cream, basil, lemon pepper, 1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Heat through.
- Turn off heat and add ¼ c of the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the pasta and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish.
Tips for Making Cajun Chicken Alfredo
While I won’t go into the specifics of the recipe (since you already have that), I think it’s essential to discuss the art of combining flavors in this delightful dish.
The magic starts with the Cajun chicken. It’s the star of the show, providing that distinctive spicy kick. Then comes the Alfredo sauce, rich and creamy, serving as the perfect contrast to the spicy chicken. And finally, the pasta, cooked al dente, serves as the perfect canvas for these bold flavors. The result? A Cajun Chicken Alfredo that’s ready to impress at any dinner table.
Cooking Tips: Mastering Your Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Creating the perfect Cajun Chicken Alfredo might seem like a challenge initially, but with these tips, you’ll be a pro in no time!
- Quality Ingredients: Always use fresh ingredients for the best flavor. Freshly cooked chicken and high-quality Alfredo sauce can make a world of difference.
- Pasta Cooking: Be mindful of how you cook your pasta. It should be al dente, firm to the bite, to hold up against the robust Alfredo sauce.
- Balancing Flavors: The Cajun seasoning is quite spicy, so balance it with the creamy Alfredo sauce.
Serving Suggestions: Adding Your Personal Touch
When it comes to serving your Cajun Chicken Alfredo, feel free to get creative! Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese for an added cheesy kick, or garnish with fresh herbs for a pop of color and freshness. You can even serve it with some garlic bread on the side for a complete meal.
FAQs: Answering Your Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Cajun Chicken Alfredo:
- Can I use other types of pasta? Absolutely! Feel free to customize your dish with your favorite pasta. Fusilli, rigatoni, or even spaghetti would work great.
- Is it very spicy? The spice level depends on the Cajun seasoning you use. You can adjust it according to your preference.
- Can I prepare it in advance? Yes, you can cook the chicken and sauce in advance. However, I recommend cooking the pasta just before serving to maintain its texture.
So there you have it, my friends! The Cajun Chicken Alfredo is not just a meal; it’s a flavor fiesta. It’s a dish that brings excitement and comfort to your dinner table. So why wait? Grab your favorite pasta and let’s make dinner exciting again!