Cajun Chicken Alfredo
I love Alfredo! Everything tastes better in a creamy butter and Parmesan cheese sauce. The Cajun seasoning adds a spicy kick to the sauce and there is nothing much better than that. This is one of my very favorite recipes of all time, and since it is the season for over indulgence, I thought it might be a good time to share it. In the original recipe there were also mushrooms and if you like them, they would probably be a good addition to this as well. You can find the original recipe here: Cajun Chicken Pasta
There isn’t much prep work and the dish comes together pretty quickly so it is good for an easy week night dinner and it is delicious enough for a special occasion. Add some bread sticks or garlic toast and a salad for a complete meal.
Although, I was eating it right out of the skillet and that was pretty darn delicious.
- 4 oz linguine or Fettuccine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2-4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 T butter
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- ½ onion sliced
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ¼ - ½ c. Parmesan cheese
- parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. 8 - 10 min.
- Dice chicken into cubes and place in a plastic bag with 2 tsp of the Cajun seasoning and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat saute the chicken in melted butter until almost tender ( 5-7 min).
- Add the sliced red and yellow peppers and onion and saute another 3-4 minutes and reduce heat.
- Add cream, basil, lemon pepper, 1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Heat through.
- Turn off heat and add ¼ c of the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the pasta and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish.