This buffalo chicken penne pasta dish is so easy to prepare and so delicious! We have been gone A LOT this summer and when we came back Wednesday from a conference up north, there was not much food in the house to eat. Alexa has been at college for a week and Brett was still in Germany so it’s been just the two of us for the last few days. I opened up the freezer to see what might be lurking in there or if there was anything I could throw together with the few groceries we had around.
There was some frozen shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken! It was already cooked and just needed to be thawed out, Hallelujah! The other ingredients are staples we always pretty much have in the house. Cheddar cheese, pasta, ranch dressing, cream cheese, pretty basic stuff. But put them all together and you have some hot, spicy, cheesy love.
BUFFALO CHICKEN PENNE PASTA
- 2 c. shredded chicken
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ⅓ c. buffalo sauce (I used Frank's)
- ½ c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ c. ranch dressing
- ½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ c. uncooked penne pasta
- green onion, red pepper flakes and cheddar cheese for garnish
- Heat skillet over medium heat
- Add cream cheese, buffalo sauce, chicken broth and whisk until creamy
- Add paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper, stir to combine
- Add ranch dressing and chicken, stir and simmer over low heat 10 min
- In the mean time cook the penne in boiling water according to package directions
- Drain and add to the sauce
- Add the cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted
- Garnish with green onions, red pepper flakes and additional shredded cheese
This recipe is adapted from WhitneyBond.com. While I love blue cheese dressing with my buffalo wings, no one else in my family does. So, I subbed the blue cheese for ranch and added some extra cheddar cheese, because you know…cheese. It comes together in a matter of about 15 minutes. I put the water on to boil for the pasta first, so by the time I was cooking the rest of the ingredients the water was boiling and I could cook the pasta.
If you like buffalo wings without the mess, you will love this easy recipe!