Almost everyone likes walking tacos. So why not make a breakfast walking taco? My girlfriend and I had these at the State Fair last summer and I have been meaning to try and make them ever since. They were in the top 5 of our favorite new foods at the fair last year. I am so bummed that it got canceled this year, but I totally understand. Next year we will be back, list in hand, to try all the new offerings they have.
This recipe is really so simple, I can’t believe I haven’t seen is around more. In my opinion it is even better than the original walking taco version. To be honest, I was burned out on the walking taco for a few years after my kids were in middle school. Walking tacos are pretty much all that was served at middle school sporting events. Not to mention that my son requested to have walking tacos at his graduation party. Fixings for 200 walking tacos is a lot of taco meat. I wish I had known about these before. We certainly would have had some of the breakfast version available. Doritos are a staple in our house, we eat them with everything. I buy at least one bag a week.
This wouldn’t have to be eaten in the bag, it could be made in a bowl like a Doritos breakfast bowl. Bacon could be substituted for the sausage, and I bet sour cream would be awesome on this as well. Go with your favorite taco toppings, this is a versatile recipe.
BREAKFAST WALKING TACO RECIPE
BREAKFAST WALKING TACO
- 1 chip bag
- 1 small bag of Doritos cut the long way
- 2 sausage links cut into bite size pieces
- 1 egg scrambled
- 2 T shredded cheese of your choice
- 2 T prepared salsa
- Avocado slices for garnish
- Fry up the sausage links and egg
- Cut Doritos bag along the long end and lightly crush the chips
- Cut up the sausage links and add them to the chip bag
- Add the egg, cheese, salsa and avocado
- Mix well and enjoy!
My Personal Love for Tacos
Tacos have always held a special place in my heart. Their versatility, the explosion of flavors, and the sheer joy of holding a well-stuffed taco is something I’ve cherished. So, when I discovered the concept of a Breakfast Walking Taco, I was over the moon.
The Breakfast Walking Taco is not just a meal; it’s an experience. Imagine starting your day with a handheld breakfast filled with all your favorite ingredients. It’s convenience and deliciousness packed into one!
While I won’t go into the specifics of the recipe (since you already have that), I think it’s essential to discuss the art of assembling this delightful dish.
The magic starts with a bag of your favorite chips. Then, you layer in your preferred breakfast ingredients – scrambled eggs, sausages, cheese, and perhaps some salsa for that extra kick. The result? A Breakfast Walking Taco that’s ready to accompany you on your morning commute or a leisurely weekend stroll.
Cooking Tips: Perfecting Your Breakfast Walking Taco
Creating the perfect Breakfast Walking Taco might seem like a challenge initially, but with these tips, you’ll be a pro in no time!
- Quality Ingredients: Always use fresh ingredients for the best flavor. Freshly scrambled eggs and high-quality sausages can make a world of difference.
- Layering: Be mindful of how you layer your ingredients. Start with a solid base of chips, then add your heavier ingredients like eggs and sausage, and top it off with cheese and salsa.
- Portability: Choose a sturdy bag for your taco. It needs to hold up to the weight of your ingredients without tearing.
Serving Suggestions: Adding Your Personal Touch
When it comes to serving your Breakfast Walking Taco, feel free to get creative! Add a dollop of sour cream or guacamole for extra creaminess, or sprinkle some fresh herbs for added freshness. You can even experiment with different types of chips for a unique twist.
FAQs: Answering Your Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Breakfast Walking Taco:
- Can I use other breakfast ingredients? Absolutely! Feel free to customize your taco with your favorite breakfast items. Bacon, ham, or even some sautéed vegetables would work great.
- Can I prepare it in advance? While you can cook the ingredients in advance, I recommend assembling the taco just before eating to maintain the crunchiness of the chips.
- Is it messy to eat? It can be, but that’s part of the fun! Just be sure to have some napkins on hand.
So there you have it, my friends! The Breakfast Walking Taco is not just a meal; it’s a morning adventure. It’s a dish that brings joy and convenience to your breakfast routine. So why wait? Grab your favorite chips and let’s make breakfast exciting again!