Every year my friends all get together and we have our “family” Christmas party at our house. Usually the weekend before Christmas. This year one of the appetizers that I made was shrimp and crab dip. I have made this dip for many, many years. I have taken a little break from it because, you know, it had started to wear out it’s welcome with my usual cast of characters. I made it for pretty much every party I had back when the kids were little. It was time to mix it up a bit. But it really is so good! So, I thought it was time to bring it back into the party food rotation. We get together numerous time throughout the year, mainly just to cook, eat and drink together. It’s so fun to come up with new recipes to try on each other.
SHRIMP AND CRAB DIP
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 T chopped green onion
- ¾ c chili sauce
- 2 16 oz cans crab meat
- 1 16 oz can shrimp
- ⅓ c grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large mixer with the paddle attachment beat the cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and green onion until fluffy.
- On a serving plate spread the cheese mixture into a 6 inch circle.
- Top with chili sauce, then crab meat, then shrimp, then Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with sliced green onion
- Cover and chill for an hour
- Serve with crackers
This dip starts out with a cream cheese base mixed with lemon juice, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Then it is topped with chili sauce, crab, shrimp and Parmesan cheese–so yummy! The added ingredients to the cream cheese base really give this dip something that stands out over other similar dips. Your guests will drool over this one.