There are a lot of steps to make these cupcakes but they are well worth the effort. I made these a long time ago and I have not gotten around to making them again until this summer.
I just used a regular lemon cake mix and made them according to package directions. Once the cupcakes had a chance to cool I cut a 1 in. diameter hole in the center of the cupcake, reserving the tops to put back on once they were filled. That part is pretty simple.
While the cupcakes are baking, make the filling for the cupcakes combining a pint of diced strawberries with a Tablespoon of sugar and a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla. I mashed it all up with a potato masher and stored the filling in the fridge until it was time to fill the cupcakes.
To make the frosting will require a strawberry reduction to add to the cream cheese frosting mixture. Add on cup of diced strawberries to a sauce pan on medium heat. Add one Tablespoon of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of water. Reduce mixture until it is down to 1/4 cup. Put in the refrigerator to cool. Add the mix to 1 stick of softened butter, one 8 oz. package softened cream cheese and 2 cups of powdered sugar. Cool frosting in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight before frosting the cupcakes. Otherwise it will be too loose.
Strawberry Filled Lemon Cupcakes With Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Strawberry Filled Lemon Cupcakes With Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cupcake pan
- 1 bowl
- 1 oven
- For the filling:
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 T. sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- For the frosting:
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 T. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp water
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese room temperature
- 2 c. powdered sugar sifted
- For the cupcakes:
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. water
- ⅓ c. vegetable oil
- To Make the cupcake Filling:
- Mash together the 1 c. diced strawberries, sugar and vanilla with a potato masher.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To Make the frosting:
- Let cream cheese and butter come to room temperature
- Slice strawberries and add to a small saucepan with 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar and 1 tsp water.
- Let mixture simmer on medium heat until reduced to ¼ cup. Keep stirring so mixture doesn't burn or stick to the pan.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Sift 2 cups of powdered sugar so frosting is smooth.
- Add butter to a stand mixer and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add strawberry reduction and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar in three parts beating for 2 minutes on medium speed after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl before adding more sugar.
- Once all the sugar has been added scrape down the bowl and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Put frosting in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight before frosting the cupcakes.
- To Make the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a cupcake pan with liners
- Blend cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl on low speed until just combined.
- Beat at medium speed for two minutes.
- Pour batter into cupcake pan
- Bake 12-15 min, until a toothpick comes out clean, cool
- Cut a 1 inch diameter hole in the top of the cupcake (just about half way through). Reserve tops.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of strawberry filling to each cupcake and put the top back on.
- Frost with strawberry cream cheese frosting.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Mastering the Art of Strawberry Filled Lemon Cupcakes With Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Creating the perfect strawberry filled lemon cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting involves a delicate balance of art and science. While we won’t be discussing the exact recipe today, I’ll share some invaluable baking tips that can take your cupcake game to the next level.
Firstly, the quality of your ingredients is crucial. Choose fresh, ripe strawberries and high-quality cream cheese for the best results. Remember, they are the stars of the show!
Secondly, don’t underestimate the power of lemon. It adds a refreshing tang that beautifully balances the sweetness of the strawberries and frosting.
Lastly, achieving the perfect cupcake texture is key. You want your cupcakes to be light and fluffy, but not too dry. It’s this delicate balance that gives strawberry filled lemon cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting its signature texture.
Frequently Asked Questions: Unraveling the Mysteries of Strawberry Filled Lemon Cupcakes With Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Let’s tackle some common questions about these delightful cupcakes.
1. Can I use a different type of fruit?
Absolutely! While strawberries and lemon are a classic combination, feel free to experiment with other fruits like raspberries or blueberries.
2. How long do these cupcakes last?
Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, your cupcakes should stay fresh for up to 3-4 days. However, for the best texture and flavor, I recommend enjoying them within 24 hours of baking.
3. Can I make my cupcakes vegan or gluten-free?
Certainly. For a vegan version, replace the eggs with a suitable substitute like applesauce, and use a vegan-friendly cream cheese. For a gluten-free version, simply use a gluten-free flour blend.
Serving Suggestions: Unlocking the Potential of Strawberry Filled Lemon Cupcakes With Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
As we near the end of our sweet adventure, let’s explore the many ways you can serve these delightful cupcakes.
Pair them with a cup of tea or coffee for a perfect afternoon treat. Serve them as a dessert at a dinner party for a sweet ending to the meal. Or enjoy them as is – they’re that delicious!
Remember, strawberry filled lemon cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting is more than just a dessert; it’s a celebration of flavors and textures. Each bite offers a unique experience, turning even the simplest snack into a gourmet treat.
So there you have it: a journey through the wonderful world of these delightful cupcakes. As we wrap up, I hope you’re inspired to embark on your own baking adventures. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a kitchen newbie, the joy of creating and savoring these delightful cupcakes is universal.
Until our next baking adventure, bon appétit!