Seasoned Oyster crackers are a great holiday snack. I made these to have at Thanksgiving for my guests to nosh on before our meal. The leftovers went to work and they didn’t last long. A double batch was made to make sure there was enough.
My Aunt Mary used to make these when I was little and I remember riding the Greyhound bus with my mom up to the cities to spend the weekend with her. She was very fancy and I thought these little crackers were an extra special treat.
The ranch seasoning packet mixed with the dill and lemon pepper gives the crackers a little zip on your tongue. They are baked low at 250 degrees so that the flavors cook into the crackers.
I love retro recipes and sharing memories through food. This recipe reminds me of a very special lady who had quite a large impact on my life. I would have loved to have had more time to spend with her.
SEASONED OYSTER CRACKERS
- 1 (1 oz) pk Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packet
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 10 oz oyster crackers
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- in a large mixing bowl combine ranch dressing packet, dill weed, vegetable oil, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well
- Add oyster crackers and stir to coat evenly
- Pour on a cookie sheet and spread out in one layer
- Bake 15 to 20 min stirring halfway through