Easy sheet pan shrimp fajitas are so simple! Work has been crazy lately which usually means eating out for lunch and maybe cheese and crackers for supper. It was time for a home cooked meal and I was beat! This recipe saved the day for sure. The shrimp get tossed with the seasoning and olive oil, then toss the veggies with the shrimp. Lay everything out on the sheet pan and cook together for 10 minutes. The shrimp will be done quickly so be careful they don’t get over cooked. After 10 minutes remove the shrimp from the pan and broil the rest of the veggies for 2-3 minutes to give them that black smokey goodness that really gives it the fajita flavor. Be careful not to burn them. The broiler is my nemesis! I like to multi task and idle time drives me crazy, but this is one thing you want to be sure and take the time to sit and watch. They can go from cooked to charcoal in seconds!
Take them out of the oven and serve them with the shrimp and your favorite fajita compliments such as: flour tortillas, guacamole, cilantro, sour cream, hot sauce or whatever else you would like. Don’t forget an ice cold beer!
A delicious home cooked meal in 30 minutes! Delish!
- 1-1oz packet fajita seasoning
- 1 T olive oil
- 1½ lbs. raw shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 red onion sliced into strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced
- garnishes: flour tortilla, guacamole, cilantro, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix fajita seasoning and olive oil together in a large bowl
- Add shrimp and toss to coat
- Lay out seasoned shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Add red and yellow peppers, onion, and jalapeno, mix with shrimp and spread out evenly
- Roast in a pre heated oven until shrimp are opaque, 8-10 min
- Transfer shrimp to a serving plate
- Broil pepper mixture until lightly blackened, 2-3 min
- Transfer to the serving plate with the shrimp
- Serve with tortillas, cilantro, guacamole, sour cream, whatever you like